Friday 22 August 2008

Hallucination

My friend is always saying that she believes in fairies, and I believe her. I believe in myths simply because we can name, describe and imagine them. They do exist. But recently I am encountering another dilemma. I read in a huge anonymous contemporary book about a new myth. It created itself to exceed all predictions. I haven't been dreaming about it because it never existed, yet, it completes the series of faces I draw.

We always assume that myths are imaginary, until a miracle happens and reassures it. But the phenomena that I read then saw, reassures nothing. It doesn't stimulate the whole humanity like rain or earth quacks. It only amazes the scientist in search for a meaning, or found in the eyes of the monk who's traveling for wisdom. It acquires an ultimate devotion. But when it's spread over many people, the myth returns to its normal cycle, when no one believes it, but they enjoy listening to the story.

My only doubt is whether it will continue to be immortal, or will vanish with the untold dreams and the hallucinations of an insane woman in a busy street.

3 comments:

Big Pearls said...

I believe in fairies too:)

Anonymous said...

I believe in angels ;)

Someday said...

can you believe I thought about something similar before?!?!?
it was about all those stories, I thought they've must had a trace of truth, or at least part of it, and the rest would be the unlimited fertile imagination that completes it!, the thing is, it is true, thoughts are as a real part of us as smiles, and then I wondered, could I set my mind free and let it create all those wonderful worlds, but then again, it's not, it would combine what it knows, and make it complete with unreal things